Shipping, Returns & Policies
Customer Service Contact
Phone: 08 6420 2417
Shipping within Australia and Free Delivery
We offer flat-rate $8.00 shipping using Australia Post Express Delivery service to all addresses within Australia. Express Delivery is free for orders over $100AUD to Australia.
All orders in Australia are sent Australia Post Express Delivery. All orders are dispatched same or next business day.
Delivery times and coverage
All orders in Australia are sent Australia Post Express Delivery. Express Post Delivery includes two business day delivery within the Express Post delivery network and fastest possible delivery for other areas.
The national two business day delivery network operates between Australian capital city CBDs (excluding Darwin) and some major centres. Orders sent to Western Australian addresses will arrive in 1-2 business days.
Australia Post Express mail has delivery confirmation and tracking included and does not require a signature for delivery.
Sometimes deliveries can take slightly longer to remote areas and can also depend on Australia Post's workload. Delivery times can slow down at peak periods such as just before Christmas and times of high network demand.
For more information on delivery times and coverage see this page from Australia Post.
Tracking your order
You can track the progress of your order online at the Australia Post website (or using the link in your Order Confirmation email). Enter your unique item tracking number into the Track tool to see where it is during the delivery process. Please note: Tracking events are limited for rural and remote areas.
Pick-up from our store ('Click & Collect')
At check-out you will also have the option of electing to pick up from our store in Fremantle. Items will be held for 14 days, after that we will cancel your order. It is free to Click & Collect. Present your order confirmation in store to collect your purchase.
You can collect your order from our store at;
49a High Street
Phone: (08) 6420 2417
Find out our current store opening hours here.
International orders are delivered using Australia Post International Standard or International Express. You are able to select your preferred method of shipment at check-out. The price depends on the size, weight and destination country and is calculated at check-out.
All international orders are sent with Signature on Delivery, and this is included in the cost quoted at check-out.
The buyer is responsible for all duties/taxes on orders incurred at destination country. We will not refund for deliveries not delivered as result of unpaid duties at the destination country.
The options for international delivery are;
International Post Express with tracking
(Estimated arrival 2-5 business days)
International Post Standard with tracking
(Estimated arrival 7+ business days)
Click here for more information on International Shipping with Australia Post.
Countries we currently ship to:
United Kingdom and Ireland
If your country does not appear on the above list it means at present our online store doesn’t calculate shipping for you. Please email us for a custom quote to your country.
All orders are dispatched following the successful processing of your bank and address details. This process ensures your safety and ours against Credit Card fraud.
We usually ship the same or next business day. If delays occur we will contact you immediately. We will send you an email immediately notifying you that your order has been shipped. Upon shipment you will be emailed an Order Tracking Number.
If you have any questions at all email us at any time.
Large and Bulk Items
Please email us for a custom shipping quote. Some large items and items with batteries are unable to be shipped overseas, sorry. Contact us for more information.
We do our best to make sure all items on the website are in-stock, if they’re unavailable for purchase it means we’ve sold out. Keep an eye on the site as new products and colours are being added all the time. We will notify you upon processing of your order if there will be any delays. We are under no obligation to supply the products ordered unless we have the products in stock and they are available at the prices specified.
Returns and Exchanges Policy
- All sales are final, however where reasonable exchanges are possible if the item is unused and in sellable condition with the original packaging. A receipt will be required for all exchanges. Contact us before returning any items.
- Risk-free 30 day guarantee: We work hard to offer a truly unique product selection thanks to our relationships with the most interesting, independent and innovative designers around, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free 30 day guarantee. If you don't have a positive experience for any reason, we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. If it's not right, no hard feelings - we'll make it right. Please contact us if you would like assistance.
- Damaged deliveries: If your package is delivered damaged we will replace it if we are notified of your intention to return damaged goods within 5 business days of delivery. Contact us with your name, address, order number and reason for return.
- If the product is ruined or used the product can not be returned. Make sure to include contact information with the return and if possible, please provide us with a tracking number. We suggest you get a receipt and a package ID for the return from the delivery service, as it makes it easier to follow the return shipment if needed.
- To avoid any customs charges please clearly mark international returns packages 'RETURNED GOODS'. Any charges incurred are the responsibility of the customer. Compendium Design Store is not responsible for any return customs charges incurred. If a package is unclaimed you might have to pay a handling fee.
- Faulty items will only be accepted if the goods are delivered to you damaged or there is a subsequent manufacturing fault identified within a period of 3 months after delivery. All items returned as faulty will be inspected and any items deemed to be subject to wear and tear subsequent to receipt by the buyer will not be accepted as faulty.
- Contact us if you have any questions or special circumstances.
If using a Credit Card to pay, all credit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
Payment is collected from your account upon immediate receipt of your order from our web store. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to COMPENDIUM STORE, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
We take all reasonable care to make our site as secure as we can make it. To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Furthermore, we will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
Compendium Design Store is committed to ensuring that the personal information provided by all of our customers, including personal information attained through our website, is treated securely, with respect, kept confidential, and used solely for the purpose for which it was supplied.