Brand Documentary Magazine No 14 BIC
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 14 BIC
The first disposable ballpoint pen in the market, BIC Cristal was introduced in 1950 by a French consumer product brand, BIC. Based on a coherent set of ethos to offer high-quality products paired with affordability, BIC has been securing its position in the market by focusing on disposable consumer products.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis.
B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- 2 INTRO
B takes a look into the market for low-cost, disposable everyday products, prompting readers to realize how easily these products are overlooked in our daily lives.
- 32 LINE UP Although BIC is famous for its ballpoint pens, it produces hundreds of other products as well. This section categorizes and introduces BIC products.
- 34 INNER SPACE
BIC products can be classified into stationery products, lighters, and shavers. This section introduces the features of BIC’s most iconic products.
- 36 DISASSEMBLY
BIC produces mostly low-cost disposable items albeit with functions which far exceed those of other brands. In this section, B disassembles several BIC products to take a closer look into their functions.
- 46 BIC AND OTHERS
BIC products are affordable, but their functions and designs are comparable to any high-end goods in the same category. BIC’s excellence in quality becomes even more evident when compared to similar low-cost items.
- 64 OFFICE SUPPLIE
This section surveys the office supplies of various companies where BIC products are used. Popular office supplies are, of course, affordable, yet high in quality.
- 76 BRAND TO BRAND
BIC products are not collector’s items, so they are often used along with products from other brands. In this section, we ask BIC users what other brands they choose and listen to their stories.
- 87 B’S CUT
Most BIC products cost less than a dollar, but are considered invaluable. B investigates the value of these small and affordable items. 102 BRAND STORY
This is the story of how BIC started out in 1950 as a company that sold 29-cent pens, and has now grown into one of France’s most famous brands.
- 124 OUTRO
Since the company’s founding, BIC has been a part of the world of disposable everyday products. Today, the presence of BIC has in our daily lives is unable to be ignored.
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417