Brand Documentary Magazine No 36 NARS
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 36 NARS
The cosmetic brand Nars was founded in 1996 in New York by French makeup artist Francois Nars. At launch, the brand offered only 12 shades of lipstick, but the inimitable colors offered were an early demonstration of the brand's strengths. Nars was also among the first to make unconventional choices of models for commercial beauty campaigns, boldly suggesting a new idea of feminine beauty.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B's unique insights and in-depth analysis.
Brand Documentary Magazine receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- PUBLISHER’S NOTE
- COMMENTS Comments and reviews made by Nars users in social media
- SHOPS Nars flagship stores filled with the brand’s consistent language
- OPINION Hwakyung Chung, Vice President of Private Brand Division, Shinsegae Department Store
- LINEUP Identity The freewheeling identity of Nars products becomes apparent in the flexibility of their use
- USER CHOICE Attraction Factors affecting purchases and brand choices in cosmetics
- OPINION Wonhye Ko, makeup artist
- MARKET Base Makeup The market for base makeup is dominated by traditional cosmetic brands Color Makeup Color makeup is where the individuality of different brands is dramatically revealed
- INNER SPACE Aesthetics Nars’ brand language stems from the aesthetic sense of the founder
- OPINION Julia Juyeon Kang, editor in chief of Elle Korea
- VIEW Self-Expression Nars users express their beauty in their own ways
- BACKSTAGE Nars shines on the backstage of fashion shows
- BRAND STORY Nars was born out of the artistic inspirations of ￼a makeup artist
- CAMPAIGN HISTORY Nars campaign images go beyond conventional stereotypes
- QUOTES Founder François Nars’ philosophies on makeup and the brand
- HEADQUARTERS Interview Louis Desazars, CEO of Nars Cosmetics Sada Ito, International Lead Makeup Stylist office Nars Headquarters at New York
- FRANÇOIS NARS Inspirations The artistic worlds and muses that inspired Nars Publications Art books showing the brand’s identity and emotional discourse Interview François Nars, Founder & Creative Director Fabien Baron, Creative Director at Baron & Baron
- FIGURES Figures revealing Nars’ sensibilities and commercial value
- FROM THE EDITOR IN CHIEF The Editor in Chief offers his observations on Nars’ core values
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417