Brand Documentary Magazine No 29 Ace Hotel
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 29 Ace Hotel
Ace Hotel got its start in 1999 when Alex Calderwood and HIS FRIENDs renovated an old halfway house in Seattle, transforming it into a small hotel. By absorbing the cultural heritage of surrounding communities and collaborating with various artists and brands, Ace Hotel creates its own collection of hotels, each possessing their own look and feel. Ace HOTEL has not only helped to revive neighborhoods, but it has also breathed new life into the entire hotel industry.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis.
B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- 02 INTRO
There are forgotten streets and disconnected spaces. B examines the spaces that had their hidden potential discovered when Ace reached out to them.
- 24 ACE POINTS Ace Hotel’s brand collaborations, seen in the hotel’s spaces and interiors, their products and properties as a whole, represent the cultural codes that Ace tries to embrace. Within each Ace Hotel, the lobby is an essential space that is deeply engaged with the community, drawing people in and expressing a new concept for interaction. Spaces / Collaborations / Curation / Ambience
- 44 SCENES
Ace Hotel eschews well-known, already saturated districts in favor of forgotten neighborhoods where they then lead the creation of new cultural scenes. Seven locals from four cities of Portland, New York, London, and L.A. discuss the changes they observed after Ace came into their neighborhoods.
- 60 ACE MAPS
Around Ace Hotel properties are many commercial and cultural places that share similar sensibilities and values with Ace Hotel. B takes a look around the hotspots recommended by the Ace Hotel staff in four cities. 7
- 0 USER CHOICES
Ace Hotel users from all around the world introduce other hotels that they like. Some of these possess a similar ambience to Ace Hotel, while others have a completely different appeal—but Ace Hotel regulars have found something to appreciate in all of them.
- 77 B’S CUT
Ace’s collaborations demonstrate most clearly the way the brand engages with local communities. B takes a glance at how Ace Hotel interacts with communities through the local products B found here and there in Ace Hotel properties.
- 90 BRAND STORY
Taking inspiration from the playing card, Ace Hotel is unprecedented, unique amongst hotel brands in the way it penetrates deep into cities to interact organically with communities of all sorts. Before Ace / Atelier Ace / Interview / Dear Alex / Portland / Boutique Hotel History
- 118 OUTRO
People coming together in an Ace Hotel. The ultimate goal of Ace is to play a key part in revitalizing local culture and connecting people.
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417