Brand Documentary Magazine No 63 IKEA
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 63 IKEA
Ikea began in 1943 as a mail-order business in the small town of Älmhult, Kronoberg in southern Sweden. Today, Ikea has grown to become a global home furnishing brand with an unequaled reputation in 49 countries around the world. In line with its vision “to create a better everyday life for the many people,” Ikea brings its philosophy of democratic design to bear on every aspect of its products, from form to function, quality, sustainability, and low price, and on every phase of its work from product development to production, supply, and sales.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis. B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- OVERVIEW The current trends and influences of Ikea over the last 10 years noted by the media
- A WALK THROUGH THE TOWN The meaning of residence observed through the daily life of Västra hamnen in southern Sweden
- HOME VISIT Ikea users in different cities talk about their homes
- OPINION Lydia Choi-Johansson Intelligence Specialist, Inter Ikea Systems
- LIFE AT HOME REPORT The Life at Home Report, inspired by everyday lives in homes across the world
- PROTOTYPING Visit the Prototype Shop, where Ikea designs are refined
- OPINION Sara Kristoffersson Professor at Konstfack University College of Arts, Crafts, and Design
- LINEUP Eight key concepts and product lines that highlight Ikea’s philosophy
- VALUES Four principles that make Ikea an unrivaled brand
- DO IT YOURSELF A beginner and a veteran tackle the DIY assembly process
- INTO THE STUDIO Ikea Communications, where all of Ikea’s images are made
- CATALOG The Ikea catalog, read by more than 200 million consumers in 35 languages
- STORE VISIT The strategies and characteristics of Ikea stores
- TASTING THE MOMENT Ikea’s food operations reflect the identity of its birthplace
- SWEDISH TABLE Recipes made with ingredients sold at Ikea
- INTERIORS Homes and commercial spaces decorated with Ikea products
- INSIDE SPACE10 Space10, a research lab for innovation of life and home established by Ikea’s outside investment
- OPINION Carla Cammilla Hjort Co-founder and Director, Space10 Simon Caspersen Co-founder and Communication Director, Space10
- LABS The evolving concepts of furniture through the works of four young designers
- THE DEMOCRATIC WAY The Democratic Design Centre and the Hubhult office, designed for communication and interaction—the realization of both corporate and design philosophies
- BRAND STORY Smart brand strategy contributing to Ikea’s growth
- INGVAR KAMPRAD The words of Ikea’s founder that have become the guiding spirit of the brand
- TEST LAB The values of democratic design are put to the test in the Ikea Test Lab
- STATEMENT The Democratic Design Days where the Ikea communicates its visions
- COLLABORATIONS Four collaborations that reveal the brand’s openness and future-oriented perspective
- MARKET STUDY Ikea’s inroads into the Korean market as told by André Schmidtgall, Country Retail Manager, Ikea Korea, and Nicolas Johnsson, Country Marketing Manager, Ikea Korea
- INTERVIEW Marcus Engman Head of Design, Ikea of Sweden
- FIGURESS Numbers and figures that show the global currents and brand values
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417