Brand Documentary Magazine No 67 Kyoto
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 67 Kyoto
Kyoto, located in the Kansai region in southwestern Japan, served as a capital city for over a thousand years, playing a central role in laying the cultural and industrial foundations for Japanese tradition. It remains as an esteemed academic city incubating more than 30 national, public, and private universities, including Kyoto University. While retaining thousands of years of remarkable history, Kyoto attracts a constant inflow of new generations who both recognize the value of tradition and instill the city with creative energy. The artisans of traditional industries continue to apply modern lifestyles to tradition in attempt to balance their old ways with the present. For that reason, Kyoto is once again recognized as a city with a solid sense of self-awareness that stays attuned to the times.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis. B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- IMPRESSION Kyoto seen through its scenery
- OBSERVERS Firsthand accounts on the beauty of Kyoto
- COLLECTED Objects reminiscent of Kyoto
- OVERVIEW Sociocultural keywords and statistics that give a glimpse into the many sides of Kyoto
- AT DAWN Waking up in Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel
- EXPLORATION Walking courses in different areas that offer a taste of Kyoto
- COFFEE CULTURE Kyoto's cafés capture the ideal urban lifestyle
- DINING SCENE Food industry experts describe the Kyoto dining culture
- LOCAL TOURS Traditional markets and bars encountered on local tours
- OBJECTS Meaningful souvenirs picked up in Kyoto
- COMMUNITY Kyoto's tradition and originality found in communities that carry on family legacies
- NEW WAVE New potential seen through the creators and innovators pushing local boundaries
- ART PLATFORM Kyotographie celebrates Kyoto's openness and respect for art
- AT DUSK The Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto with a romantic nighttime garden
- UNDERSTATED Colors found in Kyoto
- SETTLERS People from diverse origins speak about their lives in Kyoto
- HARMONIZED Global brands that embrace Kyoto's unique sensibilities
- WHERE TO GO Places to visit in Kyoto listed by different categories
- REFERENCES Books with comprehensive accounts on Kyoto
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417