Brand Documentary Magazine No 77 G-Shock
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 77 G-Shock
G-Shock is the first wristwatch brand created by Casio in 1983. When the watch industry was divided into high-end Swiss watches and an ocean of indiscernible low-end brands, G-Shock introduced products with unprecedented strength that confidently vowed to withstand even the worst of falls. The chunky design aimed to protect the case during impact appealed to the youth of the 1990s, and G-Shock quickly exploded into a globally recognized brand. That generation wore a G-Shock in the end of the 20th century became adults, and G-Shock had also evolved beyond producing merely functional timepieces and began releasing stylish fashion items. Avid G-Shock wearers have enjoyed a plethora of attractive features over the years on different models of these indestructible watches, contributing to a magnificent G-Shock culture today.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis. B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- IN YAMAGATA Yamagata factory where premium G-Shock products are made
- OPINION Kikuo Ibe, inventor of G-Shock
- ENGINEERING Intensive G-Shock performance tests
- COMPONENTS A closer look at G-Shock components
- TECHNOLOGY G-Shock’s accurate time-telling technology and durable form
- LINEUP Descriptions of each lineup by a G-Shock designer
- OPINION Masayuki Hirota, editor-in-chief, Chronos Japan
- RETAIL Specialty shops that sell G-Shock watches
- EVOLUTION The evolution of wearable devices from mechanical wristwatches to smartwatches
- THEY SAID Wristwatches and G-Shocks worn by DJs, stylists, surfers, and jewelry designers
- OPINION Shinsuke “Alex” Nakada, director of Beams
- COLLABORATION The many sides of G-Shock seen through 57 collaborative products
- TASTE The value of G-Shock described by neuroscientist Hideto Tomabechi
- COLLECTION A G-Shock collector talks to about his taste and reasons for collecting
- CUSTOMIZING The story of one customizing expert’s strong attachment to G-Shock
- THE MOLDED BRAND STORY How a bulky, plastic wristwatch became a world-famous brand
- FROM THE HEADQUARTERS Stories told by those in charge of G-Shock’s performance and design
- ABOUT CASIO Tidbits on Casio, G-Shock’s mother company
- INDUSTRY Outlook on the future of wristwatches and interview with Jean-Claude Biver, the world’s most acclaimed wristwatch marketing guru
- DICTIONARY Wristwatch-related terms and definitions
- FIGURES The watch market in Japan and across the world in numbers along with G-Shock related figures
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417