Brand Documentary Magazine No 79 Mini
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 79 Mini
In 1959, the release of the Mini came as a welcome answer to the British fuel shortage and economic hardship that ensued shortly after the Suez Crisis. Created by engineer Alec Issigonis, who aimed to produce a compact car with greater fuel efficiency, Mini is reputed for its recognizable design that made it a world-class cultural icon in the UK among target groups crossing gender, age, and socioeconomic class lines. Since its merger with BMW in 1994, Mini has maintained its position in the premium compact car market, all while strengthening its fervent fanbase with innovations that carry on the Mini tradition, discovering even more paths that will lead to a bright, urban life.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis. B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- EDITOR’S LETTER
- RULES OF THE ROAD Etiquette for Mini drivers to follow when spotting another Mini on the road
- PERSPECTIVES Four creators talk about Mini design and value
- MUSEUM A curator at the British Motor Museum explains the history of the British auto industry and the legacy of Mini through the collections
- OPINION Michael and Charlie Cooper, son and grandson of John Cooper, the man behind Mini’s racing genes and engineering
- RESTORER A restoration shop shines light on how popular classic Minis are globally
- IN LONDON A travel agency that started with the idea of London city tours in Minis
- WITH MINIS Classic Mini lovers encountered in London
- OPINION Christoph Gontard, Head of Classic Brand Management, Mini and Rolls-Royce
- MILESTONES Classic Mini milestone marker models of the past 60 years
- BUZZING Mini owners share their thoughts on new Mini and classic models online
- ENGINE ROOMS A look under the hoods of a classic Mini and a new Mini
- VERSUS Comparison and analysis of classic Mini and new Mini
- IN THE MAKING Mini lineups under BMW, scenes of the Oxford plant, and interview with Oliver Heilmer, Head of Mini Design
- MINIMIZERS Mini owners from three cities talk about their lifestyles and mobility in each city
- SIGNAL BRAND STORY The story of the car born out of a socioeconomic crisis to present a new solution for mobility
- INTERVIEWS Bernd Körber, Head of Min Esther Bahne, Head of Mini Strategy and Innovation
- EXPANSION Mini explores new frontiers under the “creative use of space” motto
- ONE CENTURY Historical vicissitudes of the British auto industry and Mini, a formidable pop culture icon today
- BRITISH CARS British car brands with unique identities, principles, and ample charm
- FIGURES Mini’s history and growth in numbers
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417