Brand Documentary Magazine No 85 Astier De Villatte
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 85 Astier De Villate
Astier de Villatte, started by Ivan Pericoli and Benoît Astier de Villatte in Paris, produces an eclectic collection of candles, incense, stationery products, and other artisanal items in the brand’s signature style since 1996. Just as the Astier de Villatte white ceramics are valued as phenomenal art pieces handcrafted by skilled artisans, the scented products have also become emblematic of the brand, creating a unique sensory experience of travel through smell. Like using a historical Linotype machine to print materials, they are dedicated to creating beautiful objects and reviving the functionality of forgotten relics from the past.
- EDITOR'S LETTER AT THE ATELIER The atelier where Astier de Villatte’s signature ceramic products are made in the 13th arrondissement of Paris
- COLLECTIONS Astier de Villatte’s lineups that have built up around furniture and ceramics
- COMPANIONS: SETSUKO KLOSSOWSKA DE ROLA Sculptor Setsuko Klossowska de Rola presents collaborative products made from natural materials
- BRAND STORY The growth story of Astier de Villatte, which has formed its unique world based on artistic inspiration from the past
- SPIRIT Cultural and artistic inspiration along with archiving materials that form the roots of the brand
- INTERVIEW: IVAN PERICOLI Astier de Villatte’s cofounder and designer Ivan Pericoli
- INTERVIEW: BENOÎT ASTIER DE VILLATTE Astier de Villatte’s cofounder and designer Benoît Astier de Villatte
- CRAFTSMANSHIP Craftsmanship at the SAIG printery of Paris and incense workshop on Awaji Island, Japan
- MAP OF SCENT Astier de Villatte’s sentimental way of naming scented candles under the theme of travel
- PARIS MAKERS Ateliers in Paris where beauty is crafted by hand
- COMPANIONS: LOU DOILLON Actress, singer-songwriter, and model Lou Doillon presents her drawing book Drawings and collaboration mugs
- THE UNIVERSE OF ASTIER DE VILLATTE Astier de Villatte shops on Rue Saint- Honoré and Rue de Tournon in Paris
- ENTHUSIASTS People who love Astier de Villatte’s unique ability to blur the line between everyday items and objets d’art
- COMPANIONS: JOHN DERIAN Collaborating artist and friend of Astier de Villatte’s two founders John Derian shares his tastes and sensibilities
- CONNECTED Long-time retail partners who share a similar worldview and outlook with Astier de Villatte
- MA VIE À PARIS Beautiful places in Paris recommended by interviewees
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B™s unique insights and in-depth analysis. B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- EDITOR'S LETTER
- BICYCLE COMMUTING Commuting with Rapha employees whose lives revolve around bikes
- LONDON BY BIKE Four shops rich in cycling culture and cyclist solidarity
- OPINION: ALEX VALDMAN Alex Valdman, former Creative Director of Rapha for product design
- AT THE ATELIER The innovative spirit and passion of the R&D Team and Product Team as seen at the atelier
- COLLECTION Beautiful, quality clothing for cycling culture enthusiasts
- STORY LABEL Labels revealing fascinating insights into cycling history and culture
- OPINION: FRANÇOIS CONVERCEY François Convercey, Chief Marketing Officer of Rapha for global marketing
- THE CYCLING CLUB Rapha Clubhouses and the Rapha Cycling Club embody brand and cycling values
- LOOKS How the attire of Rapha employees aligns with their lifestyles
- COMMUNITY What cycling means to Rapha Cycling Club members
- HERNE HILL VELODROME Bringing life to one of the oldest cycling tracks that is at the heart of British cycling culture
- CREWS Rapha-sponsored professional cycling teams and their momentous stories
- INTERVIEW: SIMON MOTTRAM Founder and CEO Simon Mottram talks about the history of cycling and Rapha’s brand mission REFLECTION The history of cycling reflected in Rapha jerseys
- BRAND STORY Rapha helms a new path for cycling clothing with its own vocabulary
- MISSION Strategies and policies that reflect Rapha’s goal to grow the overall bike market
- MESSENGER Rapha’s Creative Team delivers the spirit of cycling through visual narratives
- STORYTELLING Collaborators celebrate Rapha in images and videos
- CYCLE TALK A podcast dedicated to cycling presents the latest industry buzz
- DIGEST Figures that shed light on the cycling industry and five bike-friendly cities
- ROADMAP Cycling routes in London, Amsterdam, Seoul, and Tokyo
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417