Brand Documentary Magazine No 42 Star Wars
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Brand Documentary Magazine No 42 Star Wars
The first Star Wars film was released in 1977. Over the past four decades, this chronicle of galactic war and adventure has established itself as an American pop culture icon, generating tremendous revenue and attracting an enormous fandom across the globe. During that time, Star Wars has grown into a universe all its own, spawning TV series, video games, toys, and theme parks. The audio and visual technologies used in the films have also provided a foundation for Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, two film production companies that have had a far-reaching impact on the film industry.
Brand, balance, and perspective.
B Magazine dedicates each issue to the story of one specific brand, which is one of the well-balanced brands that JOH. discovers from around the world based on four standards: beauty, practicality, price, and philosophy. And each issue is packed with B's unique insights and in-depth analysis.
B Magazines receives no advertising profits or financial support from the brands it introduces.
- PUBLISHER’S NOTE
- NEWS Star Wars news collected from the worldwide press after Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm
- CAST Interviews with the Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens cast at Disney’s D23 Expo
- INTRO OPINION Toshio Furusawa, CEO of a film production & distribution company
- MERCHANDISING Star Wars publications and products show the franchise’s commercial value
- VERSUS A comparison of media franchises that have developed a wide range of content from a single creative source
- OPINION Steve Sansweet, owner of the world’s largest Star Wars collection
- FANDOM Diverse Star Wars fan activities and their influence
- MECCA Hubs of Star Wars fandom
- OPINION Jiwoong Huh, film critic
- STAR WARS GENERATION The generation-wide experience and solidarity created by the Star Wars franchise has evolved into a shared sentiment and culture
- B'S CUT Open Your Eyes Facing the Star Wars characters
- BRAND STORY A Star Wars story: A franchise rises to become an icon of American pop culture
- CHRONICLE The social background and major events in the film industry that coincided with the rise of Star Wars as a cultural phenomenon
- MEDIA REPORTS Global press reports on Star Wars
- LUCASFILM Lucasfilm’s achievements and their significance in the film industry
- REPUTATION Star Wars rankings, awards, and nominations
- DISNEY Disney’s story and interviews with Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, two pillars of the Star Wars franchise since Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm
- GEORGE LUCAS George Lucas from the critic’s point of view
- FIGURES Numbers demonstrating the values of Star Wars-branded products, the scale of its fandom, and other miscellaneous data
- FROM THE EDITOR IN CHIEF The core values of the Star Wars brand defined by the Editor in Chief
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417