Field Notes Notebooks 'Clandestine' Edition · 3-Pack (Dot-Graph paper)
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in
Shipping: This item qualifies for our $9.95 flat rate 1-2 Day Express Delivery to Australia. You can get free Express Delivery to Australia when you spend over $100AUD. It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Click-And-Collect at checkout.
More on Shipping & Returns →
Buying a gift? Can't decide? Consider a Gift Certificate.
Buy now, pay later:
Field Notes notebooks 'Clandestine' Edition · 3-Pack (Dot-Graph paper)
There’s more than meets the eye to this new limited edition. Appearances can be deceiving, but let’s start there anyway. This release has a sleek, mysterious feel, fitting for an edition all about secret codes and ciphers. The covers are made from Mohawk’s Via Antique Vellum in a surreptitious “Urban Gray.” The fronts feature black metallic Crown foil laid atop an enigmatic, dark matte surface. This is the “Clandestine” Edition.
Inside the books, you’ll find 60# Finch Opaque White with light gray dot-graph, perfect for reconnaissance diagrams or snippets of secret code. The last page of each book features a three-part history of codes and ciphers with many examples and anecdotes. There’s also handy cross-reference matrix of various codes on the back covers, because you never know when you’ll need to crack something.
On the surface, it’s every bit as attractive and useful as any of our notebooks. But there’s quite a bit more to this 3-Pack, and as much as we want to tell you about it, we’re bound to secrecy for now. With cleverness, patience, and some luck, you just might unlock the secrets within the books, allowing you to fill out your F.I.E.L.D. Agent identification card, and (whispering now…) preparing you and your fellow agents for a bigger mission outside the books.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Mohawk Via Antique Vellum 80#C “Urban Gray,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink and Kodak NexPress Red UV-Fluorescing Dry Ink.
- Stamped with Crown Foil #991 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Langley Fog Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- FNC-41 UPC: 858493003752
- Your purchase will dispatch same or next business day from Fremantle, Western Australia.
- Is this a gift? Add complimentary Gift Wrapping to your purchase at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate Express shipping Australia wide or FREE on all orders over $100AUD.
- International delivery charges calculated at check-out (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Click & Collect: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store same day.
- Questions? Get in touch.