Handmade in Japan: the Pursuit of Perfection in Traditional Crafts
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
23/9/21: Australia Post have temporarily suspended delivery to the following destinations due to limited flight capacity and availability: Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, Ireland, Taiwan. Australia Post Service Updates Page here.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Handmade in Japan: The Pursuit of Perfection in Traditional Crafts
Discover the exceptional artistry and rich traditions being kept alive by Japanese artisans in the 21st century.
In an era where global interest in handmade, small-batch products is heightening as a response to mass production, Handmade in Japan takes a look inside the workshops of the country’s artisans, revealing their endless pursuit of excellence, and what it means to dedicate one’s life to the stewardship of irreplaceable cultural heritage.
Find inspiration in the exploration of handmade processes using sustainable materials and discover the lengths these makers go to in ensuring every product is perfect. From hand-painted kimono dyeing to wooden trays carving, Handmade in Japan meets the craftspeople of Japan's diverse regions with unique insights into their traditions and how they work. craft design & fashion english
- Editors: Gestalten & Irwin Wong
- Release date: August 2020
- Format: 9 × 11 ½ inches
Full color, hardcover, stitch bound, 320 pages
Irwin Wong is an editorial and commercial photographer based in Tokyo. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, he moved to Japan in 2005. He developed an interest in craftsmanship after photographing several artisans for work. His clients include Apple, The Washington Post, Forbes, and Nike.
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417