Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
Interior Portraits: At Home With Cultural Pioneers and Creative Mavericks
by Leslie Williamson
Acclaimed photographer, author, and Bay Area native Leslie Williamson returns to her roots with a tribute to the most fertile soil for creativity: California.
Following her ultra-successful Handcrafted Modern and Modern Originals, Leslie Williamson is back with an original and compelling take on California’s pioneering cultural and creative forces.
Williamson’s distinctive, warm photography of charming, often handcrafted interiors combined with personal, compelling texts create intimate, revealing portraits of the homes of design and lifestyle trailblazers. Featured homes include fashion designer Christina Kim’s airy loft in downtown Los Angeles; chef Alice Waters’s book-lined Craftsman bungalow in Berkeley; and artist Alma Allen’s studio and home in the desert, filled with his finished and in-progress biomorphic wood and bronze sculptures.
Powerfully personal and deeply authentic, this beautiful book will appeal not only to lovers of bohemian architecture but also to anyone who feels the pull of the West Coast lifestyle. Showcasing thirteen unique homes from the rugged coast of Big Sur to the sunlight-filled modernist structures of Los Angeles and San Diego, this book is a journey through the very best that California design has to offer.
About the Author
Leslie Williamson has garnered numerous accolades for her unique and personal approach to photographing interiors, seeing beyond the clutter of the everyday into the soul of a space. She travels often, splitting her time between her own books and fine art projects and shooting for design and editorial clients around the world: World of Interiors, Casa Brutus, T: the New York Times Style Magazine, Apartamento, Maharam, StudioIlse, and Commune Design to name a few. She is the author and photographer of Handcrafted Modern (2010) and Modern Originals (2014), both published by Rizzoli.
Publish Date: 2018
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417