The Monocle Companion Vol 3
Free instant pick up + gift wrapping in store.
Pair it with:
The Monocle Handbook: Spain
$70.00 AUDOut of stock
30 day easy returns
In store pick up
Buy now + pay later
Shopping for a gift?Pair it with a handwritten greeting card. Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates or an eGift Card. We can also gift wrap and post directly to your recipient.
The Monocle Companion Volume 3
The Monocle Companion: Fifty Ideas for a Better World is a summery new paperback that’s brimming with cheery, thoughtful and canny ideas for leaving things better than we found them.
The latest outing of Monocle's popular paperback format is ideal for enjoying on a sunlounger or popping into a tote to read on the go. It is packed with entertaining reads, insights and thoughts that might just nudge the world in a better direction.
Here is just some of what you’ll find under the covers:
- Why words matter, how to use them more clearly and what taking pictures can teach us all.
- Travelling better, how not to be an expat and the importance of friendship in a lonely world.
- The difficulty of doing nothing at all – and getting around it.
- What would happen if children ran our cities and how urban centres might survive the loss of workers.
- Why we need to trash the recycling symbol, go easy on greenwashers (really) and exercise our imagination.
- War and peas: food diplomacy and why it matters, and rethinking how we eat to save the planet.
- How to avoid losing sleep over technology and be in the moment with others.
- The importance of planting seeds and the lessons that gardens can teach us.
- A common-sense manifesto for businesses and entrepreneurship.
- How to rethink society for the better. First question: do we need the nation-state?
For more big thoughts from authors, thinkers and architects, plus a dose of sun, humour and wit, buy your copy today.
Softcover. 208 pages.
Based in London and acclaimed the world over, Monocle has delivered a unique briefing on global affairs, business, culture, and design since it was founded by Tyler Brulé in 2007. Alongside the magazine, Monocle has created a 24-hour radio station, a series of travel guides, coffee-table books, a film-rich website, retail ventures around the globe, and cafes in Tokyo and London.
21cm x 14.8cm x 1.55cm
Shipping + Returns
- $9.95 express delivery to Australia using Australia Post Express.
- Free express delivery within Australia on orders over $99.95.
- All orders ship next business day.
- International postage calculated at checkout.
In Store Pick Up
It's free to pick up your order from our Fremantle store, and it's generally ready within 10 minutes. We offer free gift wrapping in store.
- We offer 30 day easy returns. We will email you a label.
- More information and start a return here →
More on Shipping + Returns →