The Monocle Travel Guide No. 21 Amsterdam (Updated Edition)
Join our V·I·P List free & get 10% off your first order + V·I·P only perks.
Already on the V·I·P List? Log in →
Covid-19 Update: We are open for business as usual. During this time we are shipping orders as fast as we can. Australia Post are reporting some delays, so please allow an additional day or so for delivery. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
- This item qualifies for $9.95 Express Delivery (1-3 days) to Australia.
- Delivery is FREE when you spend over $99.95.
- It's always FREE to pick up from our Fremantle store, choose Pick Up at checkout.
- You are browsing our Australian store, shipping to you from Australia. Click here to view this item on our US Store ($USD) with shipping from US.
- International shipping available. Cost calculated at checkout. More info on Shipping & Returns →
Choosing a gift? Can't decide? Consider one of our beautiful Gift Certificates.
Buy now, pay later:
The Monocle Travel Guide No. 21 Amsterdam Updated Edition
An updated edition of this Monocle favourite. Home to 17th-century canals, legendary architecture and picturesque windmills, Amsterdam is one of the few capitals in the world that still cherishes a village vibe. Its creative spread is as alive today as it was in the days of Rembrandt, Breitner and Mondrian. And although the city is known as a liberal-minded paradise there's a lot more to the real Amsterdam that warrants exploration.
At first glance, horseshoe-shaped Amsterdam is a breeze to circumnavigate and its offerings seemingly obvious. But look closely and you’ll find hidden pockets in the maze of canals and burgeoning neighbourhoods that are a quick pedal from the city centre. This archetype of liberalism and diversity is forever reinventing itself and won’t fail to surprise first-time travellers and longtime visitors alike. Amsterdam is about more than cheese and windmills. Have a read, hop on a bicycle and discover everything the city has to offer.
The Monocle Travel Guide series reveals Monocle's favourite places in each city they cover, from the ideal route for an early-morning run to the best spots for independent retail. Full of surprises and quirks, they also feature detailed design and architecture pages, neighbourhood walks to get you away from the crowds and their favourite places to eat everything be it tasty fast food or something truly celebratory.
- Buying a gift? Add gift wrapping at the Cart page.
- $9.95 flat-rate delivery or FREE on orders over $99.95.
- International delivery charges calculated at checkout (Choose from Standard or Express).
- Pick Up: Choose to collect free from our Fremantle store.
- Questions? Email us or call +61 (8) 6420 2417